Problem after installing new theme...can't login, site loading only sometimes

4 0 0

I don't understand.  I just purchased a new template to try for my store that's been online and live for 4 years now, didn't publish the new theme...just uploaded it to the backend in the Themes section to try it out.  Didn't even start trying to customize it.  For some reason now I cannot even access my Shopify account, after having NO trouble logging in and out for the past few years.  Did this new template screw something up???  What do I do?  I can't even login to my account.

When I try logging in, I get a page that says...

"There’s a problem loading this page

There’s a technical problem with Shopify that has prevented this page from loading. Try reloading this page or going to another page in Shopify. If that doesn’t work, visit our status page

for updates and try again later."

WHY is this happening after simply uploading a new theme to try??  I'm going to my published site too, carolyncochrane.com, and it's only loading half the time, other times I'm getting an error message. 

I was told here on the forums that you can install a new theme to try but as long as you don't Publish it, your current live site will be fine.  It's not fine and now I can't even login to my account.

HELP!!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
840 86 160

Hey there, @CarolynJC 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Thank you for reaching out regarding this. I took a look into this and found that you purchasing your theme just so happened to coincide with an issue that affected a number of merchants on the platform -this was coincidental, it was not due to the theme purchase.

This has all since been resolved. You can check if there are any ongoing issues with Shopify at any time on https://status.shopify.com/. I am sorry that you experienced this issue. 

Now that everything is up and running, how are you set for the holidays? Do you have a marketing plan for BFCM? I would recommend checking out our BFCM toolkit to get ready!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes