Problem customer adress not complete filled-in at checkout

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi All,

We are encountering problems with customers ordering without complete adress. As we are using Myparcel for label creation and shipment this means that we can not process the label printing and continue the order fulfilment process. The problem we have is that customers dont fill in their Housenumber.. Which means that we need to manually chase the customer for the correct number, this happens two to four times per week.. I think (not confirmed) this comes because customers can use pre-filled adress from other orders/history. This means that everything is filled in.

As we are using only the format as below it does not fill the housenumber.

1.PNG

In the past we had a Box for the housenumber but then we had the problem that the postcode would end up there, and therefore we have removed that box. It also sometimes happens that an adress is used without a space between [Streetname]&[House number].. Which also requires manually adjustment.

Does anyone has this problem aswell or has ideas to solve this? Is there a workaround? It would save us a lot of time chasing and manually adjusting the customers adres.

In the Netherlands we have a general format for adres:

[Street name] [House number]

[postcode] 

Thanks, much appreciated.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7453 1030 2582

Thanks @Jdries 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
checkout page customization doesn't allow to Shopify basic plan so please contact Shopify plus team
also do you have plus so 

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi KetanKumar,

Thanks for replying. It is not so regarding the customization of the checkout page. It is how to prevent customers checkout without providing their correct or at least there housenumber in good order.

My url is www.hendyamsterdam.com

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7453 1030 2582

yes, this screenshot is checkout page?

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Ketankumar,

Please find attached a screenshot of the checkout page:

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7453 1030 2582

oh, this checkout page if you need anything changed please upgrade basic plan to Shopify plus plan 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi KetanKumar,

Dont think that is the solution here - again the question is; how to make sure customers fill in all required details. Or make sure that they cannot proceed to the next step.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We have the same problem! Is there a solotion. I read a lot, but no solution.

Shopify really need to separate the Adresfield and the housenumber field. A lot of packages are leaving the warehouse with no housenumber.
Making the adressfield Mandotoy doesn't solve the problem, if you fill the streetname with no house number there is no warning.
This is causing a lot of frustration by our customer and by our customerservice.
We added a app Adress Validator, but the app can send only a email afterwards and we still have this big forgotten housenumber problem.

I hope someone can help me because we also have the same big problem. Which in my opinion should be high on the Changelist from Shopify.

Kind regards,
Maurice

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

We have exactly the same problem at Shopvoorgezondheid.nl.

In our opinion the solution is not to move to Shopify Plus, but to either:

1) give the possibility to connect the checkout with a postal code check. When customers enter their postal code, the name of the street and city are automatically filled and add one field for the huise number, where the customer can enter his house number.

2) if option 1 is not possible, at least add one (mandatory) field for the house number

1 Like