Problem saving CSS file with Template Editor

Highlighted
1 0 1

I am writing to you since I've been experiencing problems with my Shopify account lately. Whenever I try to update the style.css.liquid file with the template editor it seems like it is saving the file, but it does not show the changes on the website, and when I load the template editor again and look at the style.css.liquid file, the changes clearly haven't been saved even though no errors was echoed by the editor when saving.

In Firefox the template editor echoes the text ".. has been saved". In Chrome the browser crashes when saving and the same happens for Safari.

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 0

I'm getting this as well -- trying to edit my styles.css.liquid:

Chrome - browser tab crashes completely

Firefox - silently fails to save the file

Internet Explorer - dialog pops up saying a script is running too long and I might want to kill it.

Safari - permanently says "saving file" and never saves it.

(All these running on Windows 7)

This isn't the first time I've had issues like this with the shopify template editor. I wish it wasn't trying to do so much and was just a plain textarea (or I had that as an option).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
5711 0 150

I had two tickets in support last week with this as well, make sure you don't have any base64 encoded fonts or images in your stylesheet. The RTE doesn't like them.

http://shopifyplus.com ::: http://twitter.com/bacchus
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 0

I'm using a purchased theme (from Shopaholla) that works just fine 99% of the time. Every now and then it borks.

I just tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox on OS X as well and got the same results.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 0

More data: this is only for my styles.css.liquid -- other files seem to work okay. I've previously edited this file with no issues in the editor.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
18 0 0

I removed the embedded font in my stylesheet and it works as suggested, but now I don't have use of the font any more. This is a purchased theme that Shopify approved, so something's broken somewhere.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
5704 1 326

Hi Stewart,

Please contact Andrew at Shopaholla about this. You need to report this to him.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Im having the exact same problem as Stuart. Very slow to edit and constantly crashing on save. 

Im using custom fonts in my theme and the editor was working perfectly a month ago.

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

I am also having this problem, slow to edit, will not save. I have no imbedded / custom fonts. I am also using shopify's own megatronic approved theme. Everything was working fine until last night. Any other ideas to fix this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I'm having that problem too... All .liquid works perfectly except style.css.liquid. Editing is very slow, and it won't save my changes even if the save seems to work.

I'm using a customized version of Vanity theme, but it don't seems I'm using any embedded font. 

0 Likes