Problem with Debut theme, pagination & filters

2 0 1

Hello, I'm a new Shopify user. I'm using the Debut theme and I have this problem:

(1) I go to a collection, scroll down and click to go to page 2. Example: https://spaceshop.nz/collections/books?page=2

(2) I click the Filter drop-menu and select any filter. I am taken to page 2 of products with that tag. However if there are not enough products with that tag to have a page 2, I get these two messages:

"x products"
"Sorry, there are no products in this collection"

It seems to me that when I select a filter I should be taken to page 1 of that tag, not the same page number of whatever filter I was looking at previously.

I hope I've explained this clearly. Can anyone help? Thanks very much.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
587 54 117

Hey there, Dave!

Bo here from Shopify Support!

You actually did a fantastic job in explaining that, thank you for being so thorough! I was able to check in with our theme team regarding this and they were able to confirm that this is a known problem with an older version of the Debut theme and is one that can most definitely be fixed with an update. You can read up on updating your theme here or alternatively, the theme team has suggested that we send this to them to fix! So if you could you e-mail me at support@shopify.com from the e-mail you use to log in and get back to me with the reference number used so that I can authenticate you as the owner? Once this is done I will be able to send it to the theme team directly to fix for you!

All the Best,
Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 1

Thanks very much Bo. I figured that this would be a good time to practice upgrading the theme (while my shop is new) so I gave it a go myself.

All done and the bug is indeed fixed.

Cheers. Great support!

1 Like