Problems with custom font and sizes minimal theme

Highlighted
Tourist
27 0 1

Hi,

I am using the minimal theme and I have two custom fonts comfortaa and comfortaa bold.

I seem to be having problems where it picks it up correctly when I apply H1/H2 in the description/content box but all the title boxes are coming out as a standard font.

I have attached a screenshot - "frequently asked questions" is a title and is the wrong font.  "Do you do bespoke orders?" is in the content box and is H1 and the correct font. I'm also having this problem on my collection title and content and blog.

url is www.studioarcform.com

I would really appreciate any help.

Kind regards,

Jenny

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Jenny,

Rather than importing 'comfortaa' and 'comfortaa bold', import the entire comfortaa font family and change the weight to 700 for headers. 

The css would look like this:

.h1 {
     font-family: 'comfortaa';
     font-weight: 700;
}

Let's get Shopify figured out together. Get live USA-based customer service for your current or upcoming web project.

We offer free and paid Shopify support.
Monday - Friday | 9 AM — 5 PM EST
Email: hello@freshnarrative.io | tel: (443) 345-8162
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
27 0 1

Thank you so much, this is perfect. How do I then change the size of the font?

Kind regards,

Jenny 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Jenny,

Great! If you're looking to just change the font size of the Section Header Title the easiest way is to add this the following to the bottom of your theme.scss file

.section-header--title{
     font-size: 32px;
}

You can change 32px to whatever size you see fit. 

If you'd like something more scalable you can add the option on your theme editor using schema, but this would require some more coding. Either way if you need help please feel free to reach out. 

Thank you,

Kyle

Let's get Shopify figured out together. Get live USA-based customer service for your current or upcoming web project.

We offer free and paid Shopify support.
Monday - Friday | 9 AM — 5 PM EST
Email: hello@freshnarrative.io | tel: (443) 345-8162
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
0 Likes