Product Description Problems

projecteveryday
1 0 0

For some reason for one of the products on my store, everytime I add a product description it will show up for a minute or two, but then all of a sudden it disappears off my website, and from the product page on the backend of shopify. Anyone had this problem and found the solution?

0 Likes
Bo
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1684 178 490

Hey there, @projecteveryday 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. In my experience, issues such as this are localized issues, meaning that it is an issue with the browser, device, or app used to update the product description. What I would recommend doing is only using Google Chrome for working with Shopify on a desktop/laptop as Chrome works best with our software. If you are already using Chrome I would then recommend clearing the cache of your browser as per this guide. I would also recommend making sure that the version of Chrome that you are using is up to date. Here is a guide from Google on doing so.

If you are using the Shopify App to update the product description on a mobile device, I would recommend deleting the app from your phone and reinstalling it. This will ensure that you are using the most up-to-date version of the app and that there are no cache issues with the app in question. 

It is also possible that your descriptions are being altered by an app. Have you installed or uninstall any applications on your store recently that may be affecting your product descriptions? Do you add your products to your store manually or are they imported from a dropshipping or print-on-demand service? If the products are being imported to your store from a third-party service such as Oberlo, Printify or Printful for example, I would recommend reaching out to said service to make sure that your descriptions are not being overwritten by their app. 

As this is your first post in the Shopify Community I would like to welcome you! Welcome! I would recommend reading our guide on getting support from the Shopify Community here so you are best equipped when looking for support through these forum boards. I would also recommend taking a look at our introductory guide to Shopify here in our Help Center. The Help Center is packed with brilliant resources on everything Shopify-related to help you get started. 

What is it that you are planning on selling with Shopify? I would love to know more about your business so that I can provide more specific resources to help you get started.

In the meantime, as you are getting prepared to launch your store soon I would definitely recommend taking a look at our Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist before going live to make sure you don't miss anything. We also have this great Buyer Trust 101 post which goes through how to make your store more trustworthy to customers so that they will check out. 

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can assist you with, I'm happy to help!

All the Best,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes