Product Description Tabs for Sectioned Themes

Elizabeth_Kay
3 0 0

I have been unsuccessful in getting product tabs enabled on Debut. I believe it's because it's a sectioned theme. Has anyone found a workaround? I have a lot of info that needs to be organized into tabs.

0 Likes
Liam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
640 16 223

Hi Elizabeth!

Liam here from Shopify - thank you for your question :)

Great to see you are looking to add product tabs to your product pages on Debut. I have tried this customisation on Debut too but I was not able to get it working either. The best alternative would be to use this app: Easy Tabs. I have tested this on my own store and I can confirm it works with Debut:

Hope this helps Elizabeth, if you have any other questions, just let me know!

Cheers,
Liam

Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Liam | Developer Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
Mircea_Piturca
Shopify Partner
1462 39 285

Hi Elizabeth,

There is no reason for this not to work. In Debut sections/product-template.liquid is the section that handles the logic for the product page.

It is a section but you can set any JavaScript, CSS and markup you want there.

Try to implement the tabs in product-template.liquid.

Finally—Add variant descriptions to your products
0 Likes
Elizabeth_Kay
3 0 0

Thank you Liam! I will check out this app.

Mircea I did originally attempt to install tabs in product-template.liquid but it didn't work. I used this tutorial: https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/products/add-tabs-to-product-descriptions

0 Likes
Mircea_Piturca
Shopify Partner
1462 39 285

To debug this we would need to see some live code. Were there any Liquid or JavaScript errors?

Finally—Add variant descriptions to your products
0 Likes
Elizabeth_Kay
3 0 0

The theme.liquid file is missing jQuery in the Debut theme. I think that's the issue but I have no idea how to fix that. I'm bootstrapping this with very limited knowledge.

0 Likes
Carlos6
Shopify Partner
31 0 31

Here is how to do it step by step in a video

solunacreations
Tourist
6 0 4

Hi,

I followed this video and all installed fine but I find the flicking between the tabs sometimes they do not load or work very intermittently. Could anyone help to get them to load every time you flick between them?

Thank you!

0 Likes