Product Description doesn't show?

11 0 0

Hey everyone, I've got a problem with editing our current product descritptions.

Right now, there's just an image showing for our product, my intention was to add some text above it.

The thing is: It doesn't show up. I then tried to remove the image so there would only be text. The result was the image still being there without any text showing. How can this be?

Any help is appreciated.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 42

Hi, @Havokk .

Morgan here from the Social Team at Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your current product description troubles. I'd love to have a look at your shop directly, to see if we can troubleshoot this. If you're able to share a link to the product, I can have a look right away. Thanks so much!

One question for you: Are you seeing your description and images in the product admin, but not on your storefront? Or, alternatively, is the backend also not showing your product information? Regardless, I have a few suggestions based off of what you've explained already to see if this can be resolved immediately.

1. Are you able to make sure your font colour isn't the same as your background? Your text may be there, but it could be hidden if both the background and text are the same. If you click and highlight the entire page that's the easiest way to see if this is the case.

2. As mentioned in your post, it seems as though no edits save when changes are made. Are you able to clear your browser cache and then log out and back in. This will likely refresh anything that's stuck, and will potentially fix any isolated browser issue that could be causing this.

If neither of those work, be sure to share a shop link here so we can dive into it further! Happy to have a look!

Chat soon,

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
11 0 0

Hey Morgan,

Yes, I can see the product description in the admin tab and not on the storefront. A product this is referring to is for example :

https://shop.melon-helmets.com/collections/sunglasses/products/elwood_red

I already dug a little bit deeper into the problem and got to the point that there had to be something wrong within our code.

I came to this conclusion because i tried to preview the product in another theme and it was there. Also, when I switched back to our current theme, the description was showing for a few seconds, then it seemed like it was "turned off" so only the image was visible again.

I can definetly tell that this is no font color problem. I also tried clearing my cache before, didn't work either.

Not sure if you can help me since it seems to be a customization deep within our code (way before my time working here), but I appreciate you reaching out.

0 Likes
Tourist
26 0 1

Hey Morgan, 

I am having the same issue. Was hoping you could help out!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Morgan, 

I am also having the same problems. The description is not showing. It is showing in the admin portion, but not in the preview or when I submit it as live. It is not the font either. 

Could some one please help?

0 Likes
1 0 0

So this worked for me ;)

Once logged in, select Online store, then below Themes, click on Customize on right side of screen

then select Theme Settings tab (top left area)

Select Product Grid then a list will show and deselect Show Product Information on Hover and Save.

Hope that helps.

0 Likes