Product Edit Page limited

1 0 0

Hi - I am using a minimal theme. When I attempt to edit a product page, there are limited options available on the page. Example, there is no weight or other particulars. The only way I've found to edit the weight & 'requires shipping'  fields is to do a Bulk Edit, but even there the fields are somewhat limited - What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Charlie

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
189 31 24

Hello, @IronGoose.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for this inquiry.

You’re not doing anything wrong, Charlie. Great job on finding the fields through the bulk editor. Just to clarify, when adding a new product, you will see all the other product attributes as there aren’t any variants created yet. However, once variants are created for a specific product, the product attributes are moved to a separate page. The reason this happens is because each variant can have different attributes (eg. weight, price, etc.). If you edit a single variant without using bulk editor, you can find a similar page to when adding a new product. That said, the bulk editor will be faster if you’re editing multiple variants. For your reference, we also have a guide to help with editing variants for existing products

When adding a new product or if the product does not have any variants, you will see the product attributes on the same page:

14-57-8kks4-uyaw4

If you try to edit a single variant without using the bulk editor, you will see a similar dashboard as above:

14-01-n0awy-xeuwz

I hope this helps clarify the different options for editing products! If you have any other questions on products or variants, don’t hesitate to let me know in this thread.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like