Product Filtering On Warehouse Theme

Fraser_Cairns
2 0 2

Hello everybody, 

I've been helping a client get their website live using the Warehouse theme. We're nearly ready to go, and have recently completed a lengthy process in adding the tags so the filter shows the correct categories, but now the filter options do not show in the correct order. 

For example, the price filter starts with option 1 of products between £0 and £25, but then option 2 will be like £100-£150 then it goes back down to £35-£50 and so on. A similar thing happens with sizes. It's a baby clothes website and it's all jumbled with 2 years coming before 3 months and the like. Screenshot attached. 

The theme developers say that Shopify should make it alphabetical which would help, but this does not seem to be the case. They said there may be custom coding options but they would not advise. 

Does anybody know how I can choose the order here? 

Thank you.

filters.JPG

0 Likes
KST
1 0 0

Hello, 

I'm having the same problem as you. 

Example:

1232123.JPG

The filter is either assigned with your Groups that you have chosen in chronological order (displayed in the Group Order Section) or the Groups are displayed in alphabetical order. 

The Tags are automatically in alphabetical order.

Warehouse Product Page Theme FilterWarehouse Product Page Theme Filter

This Link helped me: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/using-themes/themes-by-shopify/supply#product-tips-tips-specific

The only way to fix this, I believe is to, word is so that your tags start in alphabetical order, ask a Shopify Expert or code yourself.  I'm currently searching for the code in my theme for the filter (clone it first encase you mess up).  Press Ctrl + F  and type a keyword you are looking for.

Sorry I could not help. I will let you know if I figure it out.

Regards,

Kyle

0 Likes
Fraser_Cairns
2 0 2

Hello, 

No this did help. In the end. I went for the alphabetical approach and used a bulk tag editing plug in to help me do it quickly. 

Not ideal but a suitable solution nonetheless. 

magnitu
Excursionist
21 0 3

Hey. I also have a problem with this. Which plugin did you use?

0 Likes
Kuna
Tourist
7 0 2

For numbers, you can use 03, 06, instead of 3, 6, and it arranges it correctly.

It's not ideal but it's better that the lower values after higher ones.

0 Likes
Migue123456
1 0 1

To correct this, we will need to reformat the tag and use the '^' character:

Current New Display

Size_1Size_1^11
Size_2Size_2^22
Size_12Size_3^1212
Size_100Size_4^100100
ptmccann
1 0 1

The solution here is to add tags to products in the following format -

Price_1_£0-£49

Price_2_£50-£99

Price_3_£100-£199

etc, etc

We have this implemented on our Schoolbooks.ie website, and it works perfectly. We were advised on this format by the Warehouse theme support / dev team.

LastYearsGear
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi there, I would like to speak with you regarding some features you are using on the https://www.schoolbooks.ie/ website. I am trying to implement some of them on my lastyearsgearstore.co.uk site and would really appreciate it if we could discuss this. My email is reece@longindustries.co.uk.

Many Thanks, Reece

0 Likes