That is a really great question. When a collection is displayed in an online store, the products in that collection appear in the sort order that you've selected. Products are sorted alphabetically by product title by default.
You can select from a few sorting options:
- Best selling product, based on your all-time sales
- Product title, in alphabetical order or reverse alphabetical order
- Highest or lowest product price
- Newest or oldest product, based on the date that the product was created
- Manual, based on your own preferences
From your Shopify admin, go to Products > Collections.
Click a collection.
In the Products section, click the drop-down list beside Sort, and then select a sort order.
If you select Manually, then you can click and drag the products in the list to reorder them.
You can also click and select one or more products in the list. Click Move to reorder them to a specific position in the collection.