Product Page add tabbed section to show Description, Size Chart, Shipping Info

Tourist
15 0 0

Hi, I am trying to see if its possible using the Simple theme to add to each product page under the "Add to Cart" section a tabbed section which contains multiple tabs for Description, Size Chat, Shipping etc, exactly as is in the attached Image.

Any advise is much appreciated on how to get this setup.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1499 105 300

I believe this tutorial by Shopify on how to add tabs to product descriptions could help you.

Best wishes!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
1 Like
Shopify Partner
2495 13 462

Matty, you may wish to check this topic as well.

It is based on the tutorial mentioned above, but gives you more flexibility in tab creation.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com! My post solved your problem? This is my Paypal too :)
1 Like
Tourist
15 0 0

thankyou for the reply.

With those TABS, say for example the first one is a Description TAB, and 2nd TAB is a Sizing Chart, are those tab's edited easily with text/images? 

So normally the description is done via the Products page, however with the TABs will that require the TABBED sections contents to be embedded into HTML code rather than a text editor field as such?

For the description will the info still be pulled from the general Description section of each product or it isnt related in that way?

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
2495 13 462

All info to be put into Tabs is pulled from the product Description (though the post includes the suggestion on how to add more data).

And everything which can be put into description, will be shown in tabs, including images etc.

One has to be careful to not split elements in the middle though.

Imagine, you have a Numbered List and split it in the middle -- this will break the page html when processed by tab code.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com! My post solved your problem? This is my Paypal too :)
0 Likes