Product Publish / Unpublished Based on Date

Tourist
11 0 4

Is there a way to publish and unpublish based on date. OR... Is there code that would display products in categories based on date. Example. Mothers days products Will only show on the site with the tag "MothersDay" between a spacific date range. Hoping to get this on the site as soon as possible to save myself some time.

Thanks

1 Like
1 0 1

It appears that this inquiry has been open for 3 or more months. Why has no one from Shopify replied to this? I'm in trial membership period and this is not encouraging me to use this product.

1 Like
2 0 0

I'm at a full version of Shopify, I'd like to find an answer to this question as well.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 31 79

Hi, there!

This is May from Shopify.

I just came across this question, our apologies for the delay. Our team monitors forum posts regularly, but there are rare occasions where we could miss some posts, and we sincerely apologize for that. We recommend reaching out to our live support for an immediate answer. 

Setting a publish date for your product is a feature that is available on your product setting page. To do this, you'll want to head over to your admin, click on 'Products', select a product you'd like to set up publish date for. On the right side of this page, under 'Product Availability', click on the calendar icon besides 'Online Store', then click 'Save'.

04-42-q1uzk-6vp7d

Unlike setting up a publication date, currently, unpublishing a product is not a feature that is available on Shopify yet. I have tried looking through our app store, but unfortunately I wasn't able to find anything that can help unpublish products (remove products) automatically from your store, on a specific date. I can really understand why you would like to have this feature, especially if you are offering a wide selection of seasonal items. I can also see the benefits of this feature for other merchants, therefore, I have gone ahead and sent a request to our developers for further review so they can look into implementing this in the future. Hopefully, this will be something we can see released in the near future! 

That said, if you need this feature implemented on your store, I suggest reaching out to our Shopify Experts. I am also curious if other experts or merchants here have any insights or workaround on how to achieve this!

May

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

2 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
731 0 56

Hi May

This is great to know :)

I was wanting to know if there's a way to access the published date via liquid (so display on the product page etc) like the way you can with blog posts?

Cheers

Matt

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 31 79

Hey, there!

That's a good question. You can access the published date on liquid by using the following attribute:

product.published_at

For other product attributes, you can check out this document. If you don't mind me asking, is there a reason why you'd like to display the published date?

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Cheers!

0 Likes

When you set a 'publish date' for publishing online, can it be changed? 

For instance, If I am expecting a shipment of a product on Sep 1, but it is delayed, can I change it to the date expected? 

Could it also be made available immediately if a shipment comes in early or take the date off completely?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 31 79

Hi, @donnamac!

You can change the publishing date of your products, however, if you change it to a later date, your product will not be available on your online store until the product is published. For example, you have product A that is currently available on your store, and you change the publication date to October 1st, 2019, product A will be removed from your store, and will become available again on October 1st. You can change this date manually on your admin under 'Products > Product availability > Online store', click on the calendar icon.

Currently, the ability to set automatic publishing date is not possible. To answer your question, making products available immediately if a shipment comes early or to automatically unpublish a product is not a feature that we currently offer. 

That being said, I would be happy to launch a feature request with our developers to see if this functionality can be added in the future. While I can't guarantee that it will be added, I'm more than happy to pass along your suggestions that would provide better services to the Shopify platform. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cheers!

0 Likes
No need to put in a request.
Thank you for the response! Always helpful
0 Likes

Sorry...another quick question.  Does that 'Publish By Date' apply only to the ONline Store?  

We have product we need to access all the time on the Point of Sale channel, however the online store, google shopping and the others 
should follow the 'Publish by' date/

Thx!

1 Like