Product Publishing

Solved
Excursionist
13 1 2

Oh, its been a day.

Our digital marketing company was, in effect, neutered, so the Shopify Website and online store, in all its glory has been handed to me, a mere mortal of a pixel pusher. I figured out a good deal, but I can't get the products I have made to appear on the website. They appear in the products section, and I do believe I made them right. But, nada-nation folks, not seem to be working.

What I need is a place where there's some sort of tutorial, or even an advanced tutorial or trouble shooting deal to learn some of this. I used the Bundle Builder and added it to my products list. I think I'm missing something simple. I need a "troubleshooting your shopify site for really big dummies" book.  Got any place for me to dig through to maybe find my answers that I need?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
808 67 188

This is an accepted solution.

The Shopify Help center has a lot of guides and is searchable: https://help.shopify.com

In your case, it sounds like you just haven't made the products "available". In your product page at the top right you'll see the box to make them available on your various channels.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 1 2

I did, and even specified a time thing.... there's probably SOME LITTLE THINGY I'm missing on doing. And the marketing company that set this up isn't answering emails from me (whadda surprise).Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 8.37.25 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 1 2

It's just frustrating because its, hit and miss. I've been able to figure out some of the HARD stuff, but some of the simple stuff that looks like I did everything right, has got me just going DUHHHHH.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 1 2

HOLY MOLY. I might have figured it out. Do you need access to "POS" channel to publish products?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
7 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

POS is point of sale (https://www.shopify.co.uk/pos)

For the products to show they need to be published on the online store and on the theme. Id also check the tags and make sure there's nothing in there hiding them, as we have some stores that use a hide tag.

If you go back onto the product list screen within the admin panel, and search for your product, under the title you should have some text telling you if its unavailable.

If there's nothing, try it in incognito mode, might be a local cache issue.

Alfie.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 1 2

A BIG THANKS TO ALL.

I figured it out with your help. And without beer. Amazing.

0 Likes