Product Tabs For Brooklyn Theme

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi everyone! I'm editing & working on a new layout for my store www.graemealdenclothing.com & I've changed themes from Debut to Brooklyn. The only problem I'm having with Brooklyn is I can't add tabs on the product page for description, size chart, & shipping. I have different descriptions & size charts for each product so the tabs will have to correlate with the correct product. I've tried apps & guides nothing has worked. If you can leave me any coding that I can do our a guide on how to do this I would appreciate  it. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
332 31 62

Hi, there!

This is May from Shopify.

I'm sorry to hear that you have not found the perfect app or guide that you can use for your store. We do have a guide written by our theme developers here. Have you tried following this guide? If you have, could you let me know why it didn't work out? As for product tab apps, what apps have you tried and why they did not work for you? I just wanted to gather more information from you so I can better help and recommend some apps that meet your needs. If you have an example or a screenshot of what you want the tabs to look like, that would be very helpful! 

I look forward to hear back from you. 🙂

Kind Regards,

May
Shopify Support

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 1
Hi Mary,
Yes I have used that guide and actually did it twice and no luck. I needed something to have a different size chart for every product and that guide wouldn't let me do that. Also, the tabs came out funky. I've been looking at all the free tabs since I had one installed previously to switching but it doesn't support Brooklyn. I think for now I'm going to switch into Narrative and see how far I can get with editing that into what I want.
Thank you for your reply!
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
332 31 62

Hi again, @Graeme_Miles!

Thank you very much for your reply! 

Ah, I see, you're correct that the tutorial I linked above does not allow you to create different content for each of your tabs for different products, unless you create multiple product templates, which can be a hassle. Some of the apps I found also does not let you put unique tab contents for different products. I came up with a workaround, although not ideal, it does the trick. This tutorial should work on other themes besides Brooklyn as well! If you don't already know, you can actually add HTML content to the Rich Text Editor in your product description. After doing a quick search on Google, I found this tutorial from W3Schools on how to create tabs using HTML and CSS. I am not an expert in coding, but I was able to modify the code in this tutorial so that it works on your product description. Feel free to follow the steps below if you are interested to learn more!

1. From your admin, go to 'Products'  and open up a product to edit.

2. Under 'Description', click the 'Show HTML' button. 

08-16-3nw88-9x7ee

3. Open up this document, copy the code, and paste it in the description like so: 

08-19-xn0wu-ovdcq

4. If you look at the code in the document, notice that there are some texts in green.

08-20-da2wx-dru9p

You will want to enter in your product description, size chart and shipping info correspondingly underneath these texts. (Note: please do not edit the code in red font).

Please keep in mind that once you paste this code in the 'Description' section, making edits to the code could be a little confusing since there is no variety of font colours to help indicate where to add the text.

5. After you add all your information, click 'Save'.

6. Repeat steps 1-5 for all of your products.

I understand that this workaround could be a hassle if you have a variety of different products on your store. Since there is no bulk edit option for changing product descriptions, perhaps you can take a look into using CSV to import your products along with its descriptions. 

Let me know if this helps. Feel free to reply back to this thread if you have any followup questions, or if you're not comfortable making this change, you can reach out to our Shopify Experts for further guidance.

Kind Regards,

May

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2536 31 562

Graeme, 

have you tried my solution from https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Adding-tabs-on-product-page-simple-entry/m-p/430363?

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com! My post solved your problem? This is my Paypal too :)
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
31 0 8

Here is how to do it step by step in a video

0 Likes