Product Thumbnails opening in a new window

4 0 0

Hi!

I am using the theme 'debut' and whe you go to click on different product images, rather than the main image changing to the thumbnails, a whole new page opens... how on earth do I fix it?

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2676 65 667

Hi Melissa, 

this usually happens if there are javascript errors. This may be due to some apps conflict or your edits. Unfortunately, your storefront is password protected, so it's just a guess.

If you can share your storefront password,  (from Online Store->Preference->Password page) it will be easier to suggest something.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi Tim

Thanks for your help

my page password is Floaton**

really appreciate it :)

thanks

mel

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2676 65 667

Well, have you edited your product-template.liquid Section?

At the top of this file, there is a line similar to:

<div class="product-template__container page-width" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Product" id="ProductSection-{{ section.id }}" data-section-id="{{ section.id }}" data-section-type="product" data-enable-history-state="true">

Important for us is data-section-type="product" part. In your theme it is data-section-type="products" (note the last s).

That's why it does not register with javascript.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
0 Likes
4 0 0

Great!! 

thanks so much for your help Tim :)

cheers

mel

0 Likes
4 0 0

Hi,

I'm having the same problem, I checked my code on that line in that section and it doesn't have an extra S, is there something else that can be causing this?

Would really appreciate any help.

Thanks

Rob

0 Likes
1 0 0

ISSUE SOLVED!

I was having this problem where I couldn't change the images without it opening them in a new tab.

I was on Shopify live chat and they said that it was working there end so I knew it was something that was wrong my end.

I then figured all that I needed to do was Disable Ad Blocker.

I then tested it and it worked perfectly!

0 Likes