Product Variants

kthom
Tourist
4 0 1

I sell graphic tees and I have two different styles of shirt and each style has different colors and sizes. When you go to check out it is showing ALL sizes and colors for every shirt and shoes unavailable if we don’t have it in stock. Is there a solution to this? I would like if the color and size just didn’t show up if the variant isn’t available for that style at all. 

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
14338 1668 5160

@kthom 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question.

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
kthom
Tourist
4 0 1

beautifully-bold-boutique-and-gifts@myshopify.com

I have tried everything I can think of. I am thinking I might need to integrate with another app for inventory management. Any advice is greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
14338 1668 5160

@kthom 

sorry url doesn't work

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
kthom
Tourist
4 0 1

Sorry! It’s

beautifully-bold-boutique-and-gifts.myshopify.com

0 Likes
KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
14338 1668 5160

@kthom 

Thanks for it 

can you please show issue images

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2862 118 938

@kthom IMHO what you're looking for is called "linked options" here in forums. Say, a product has 2 options and when first option is changed by visitor second drop-down is automatically updated to show only available variants.

For example, on this page, when you change "frame color" option, "lense color" and "size" selectors are updated to show only valid combinations.

By default, Debut has no such functionality, but this can be added by theme modification (probably apps can do this too, not sure).

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
0 Likes
kthom
Tourist
4 0 1

This is exactly what I am looking for! I have two styles of shirt, ladies cut and unisex. Each style has their own colors and sizes. I want my customer to be able to choose the style, say ladies cut and then the color and size drop downs to only show those available for that style. 

0 Likes
tim
Shopify Expert
2862 118 938

Yep. You have 3 options here:

1. Select a different theme which has this functionality (can't help here, but pretty sure there are some);
  2. Implement a tutorial yourself (there is a good chance you'd find ready-made code);
  3. Hire someone to do it for you (you may also enquire with Shopify support if this can be done under free 60 minutes of theme mods available for Shopify own themes) (the example link I've sent -- linked options code was added by me).
Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
0 Likes