Product description for featured products on home screen

edvivian
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi! 

I have featured products on my home screen and I want to have the description, or at least part of the description next to it. 

It has the image, price and checkout buttons, but I want to add the description. 

I'm a beginner with coding so please treat me like a child. 

Thank you ! :D

0 Likes

Hello 

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution. Free Website Review and advice for sale from Hire us
Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
For Quick Chat Whats app | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Skype : oscprofessionals-87
0 Likes
edvivian
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi! 

Yeah it's Supply. :) 

Website is www.eds-gaming-emporium.com if that helps. :) 

0 Likes
Ninthony
Shopify Partner
1964 296 777

It looks like that is done through a section, so if you added it through your customize editor you're going to want to edit the section. Duplicate your theme just in case anything goes wrong. Go to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code -- Then look in your sections folder and open featured-product.liquid. 

There'll be a div with the class: "product__policies rte". Which will look like this:

<div class="product__policies rte">
          {%- if shop.taxes_included -%}
            {{ 'products.general.include_taxes' | t }}
          {%- endif -%}
          {%- if shop.shipping_policy.body != blank -%}
            {{ 'products.general.shipping_policy_html' | t: link: shop.shipping_policy.url }}
          {%- endif -%}
        </div>

Directly after that closing </div> tag you can put:

<div class="product-description">
{{ product.description }}
</div>

Should be good to go

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
ChiragV
Tourist
12 0 1

Hey bro,

I have the Brooklyn theme and its sectioned as well, and i added featured product on my home page from the customize theme options. im a one product store.

i used this method u mentioned but it did nothing unfortunately.

it still just shows my variants and the add to cart / buy button 

no description

any help??

Thanks!

0 Likes
ChiragV
Tourist
12 0 1
0 Likes