Product description - how to add "reveal? option in product's description

5 0 0

Hi,

I have a problem with long, long product's descriptions. I have to keep them long, cause it's important for advanced consumers. On the other hand, for less experienced ones descriptions are too long. The solution I have in mind is to add "reveal" option in text, but I have no idea how to implement it. Any ideas? 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2571 133 434

Some themes even come with a "read more" option , or even a way to create tabbed content. so be sure to check your theme settings first.

Code for a reveal often needs to be tailored to the specific theme using CSS,javascript and typically needing the product descriptions to have a keyword or code entered in it's html.

An option without css or javascript is to use alternate templates https://shopify.dev/tutorials/customize-theme-create-alternate-templates 

Basically in the original product template you truncate the description and link to the alternate template that has the full description.

here the alternate template is named with "full"

{{ product.description | truncatewords: 20}}
<a href="{{ product.url | append:'?view=full' }}">Read More</a>

If you need your theme customized with a more seamless content reveal contact me at paull.newton+shopifyforums@gmail.com with details.

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes