Solved

Product description not showing as expected!! Please someone help me..

SaffronInc
Visitor
3 0 0

My store link        saffronjaipur.com

I am having a problem with my shopify store. I used Venture theme and did some customisation on my own.

by default the product description was on the right and centre/left spaces were empty. so i made this edit in css

Go to line '201' in 'product-template.liquid' file and cut the code 

<div class="product-single__description rte">
{{ product.description }}
</div>

and past the line no- '209' after the '</div>' .

on the destop version everything was good but on mobile site something went wrong. Product description got shifted to left side.

Here is the screenshot

Screenshot_20200811-063917_Chrome.jpg

I tried everything i could. but still nothing and somehow it is related to the description of collection page too on the desktop website.

error.jpg

The description is on the left and sort button is taking complete right side.

Can someone please provide solution to this. I am posting same problem twice. please help me

Also the product images are taking very small space. Is there any way for product image to fill complete space like they do as the main image (thumbnail) of collection.

I wont mind even if the images gets cropped. I've attached scrrenshots below for the same. 

20200811_070356.jpg

20200811_070437.jpg

Accepted Solution (1)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

This is an accepted solution.

Hello,

The collection image fix would require hiring a developer. However the description fix is easy, just follow these steps:

1. In your Shopify Admin go to online store > themes > actions > edit code
2. In your theme.liquid file, find the </body> (press CTRL + F or command + F on Mac)
3. paste this code right above the </body> tag:

<style>
.product-single__description{
padding-left: 30px;
}

</style>

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

This is an accepted solution.

Hello,

The collection image fix would require hiring a developer. However the description fix is easy, just follow these steps:

1. In your Shopify Admin go to online store > themes > actions > edit code
2. In your theme.liquid file, find the </body> (press CTRL + F or command + F on Mac)
3. paste this code right above the </body> tag:

<style>
.product-single__description{
padding-left: 30px;
}

</style>

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

SaffronInc
Visitor
3 0 0

Thank you so much sir.. It really fixed the description error.

Great job....

And I fixed the product card image myself. Its not a fix just a workaround. I manually cropped the first images of all the product to fill the space.