Product description problems with smartlink script disappearing

Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi,

I am new to this so please forgive me if I am not explaining myself correctly.

I am having problems with adding/editing information in my product description section. In the source code of my product description I have a smartlink script tag which can only been seen in the source code. However, when I use the wysiwyg in the plain text editor to change/add any text in my product description and then look at the source code, the smartlink script has disappeared.

Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I can overcome it please?

TIA Graham

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
443 45 65

Hi @Graham1978 ,

Please share your store URL so I can take a closer look and understand what the problem really is.

Thanks

Umair Abbas

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution
Want to hire me?
Contact Me At
WhatsApp or email me at umairabbascs@gamil.com
Hire me for 1) Theme coding 2) PSD to Shopify 3) Store optimization 4) SEO 5) Store setup 6) and more!
0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Hi,

My store is not live yet. Here is the product description:

One of our best-selling Liverpool FC gifts of all time, this personalised dressing room mug is the ultimate must-have for any Liverpool FC fan. Fully licensed and approved by Liverpool FC themselves, you can be assured of quality and authenticity.

Our unique design allows your selected name (max 12 characters) to be merged onto the centre dressing room shirt, exactly matching those of the other Liverpool FC players.

Choose the number to go on the shirt; perfect for birthdays and anniversaries. Recipients of all ages will love seeing their name on a shirt in the Liverpool FC dressing room, right next to those of their heroes. Whether it is a treat for yourself or a gift for someone special, this mug shows loyalty and support for your team.

Our Liverpool FC mugs are dishwasher and microwave safe and arrive carefully packaged at an address of your choice. H9cm, D8cm / H3.54, D3.15 inches.

Warning: Please double check your personalisation and spelling, including spacing and punctuation. Please do not include accents and special symbols as some of our processes will not allow this.

Please note: * This item will be dispatched FREE within 1-2 working days. (Monday - Friday, excludes UK bank holidays) Please allow up to 5 - 7 days in total to receive your item. ** Shipping is for UK addresses only **

And here is the source code with the smartlink:

<p>One of our best-selling Liverpool FC gifts of all time, this personalised dressing room mug is the ultimate must-have for any Liverpool FC fan. Fully licensed and approved by Liverpool FC themselves, you can be assured of quality and authenticity.</p>
<p>Our unique design allows your selected name (max 12 characters) to be merged onto the centre dressing room shirt, exactly matching those of the other Liverpool FC players.</p>
<p>Choose the number to go on the shirt; perfect for birthdays and anniversaries. Recipients of all ages will love seeing their name on a shirt in the Liverpool FC dressing room, right next to those of their heroes. Whether it is a treat for yourself or a gift for someone special, this mug shows loyalty and support for your team.</p>
<p>Our Liverpool FC mugs are dishwasher and microwave safe and arrive carefully packaged at an address of your choice. H9cm, D8cm / H3.54, D3.15 inches.</p>
<p>Warning: Please double check your personalisation and spelling, including spacing and punctuation. Please do not include accents and special symbols as some of our processes will not allow this.<br><br>Please note: * This item will be dispatched FREE within 1-2 working days. (Monday - Friday, excludes UK bank holidays) Please allow up to 5 - 7 days in total to receive your item. ** Shipping is for UK addresses only ** <script id="custom-gateway-info" type="application/json">// <![CDATA[
{"type":"smartlink","desktop_url":"https:\/\/g3d-app.com\/s\/app\/stepped3_dressingroom\/en_PFGDR\/v4qdh81d6mr74p1.html#p=1300425&r=multi&guid=211044&_usePs=1&_pav=3&a2c=postMessage"}
// ]]></script></p>

If I change any of the text in the wysiwyg and then view the source code the smart link disappears.

Kind regards

Graham

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

Any thoughts?

0 Likes