Product description section has disappeared on my store? (Venue Theme)

ScottBeddoes
Excursionist
20 0 6

Hi everyone

I really need some help.

I was in the theme editor changing the layout of my product pages from 'full width' to 'classic' and it looks like my product descriptions have completely disappeared from the product page.

They are still there when I go into edit my products, but nothing is showing on my live site - only custom content tabs.

Can anyone help please? I'm desperate!

Here's one of my products:

Beddoes Products Inline Marley Ludlow Plus Vent Tile

Thanks

Scott

Replies 4 (4)

Mircea_Piturca
Shopify Partner
1547 44 346

I believe that you had a Tabs app installed and you removed it.

Is this correct. If so, this app may of replaced your description with a custom section, that is now gone.

I am seeing this comment in the element where your description should of been:

<!-- "snippets/product-description-tabs.liquid" was not rendered, the associated app was uninstalled -->

Finally—Add variant descriptions to your products
ScottBeddoes
Excursionist
20 0 6

Hi

Thanks for replying. I have an app installed called Rich Snippets for SEO installed, but I haven't installed any apps recently. Could this be it? Should I try disabling it to see if that works?

And this problem has only come up today when I was changing the layout of the product page.

Could I invite you by email to have a look?

Thanks

ScottBeddoes
Excursionist
20 0 6

You were right - I disabled the Rich Snippets app and it started working. Then re-enabled it and it's still working.

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!

Scott

Mircea_Piturca
Shopify Partner
1547 44 346

Happy this worked out.

Contact app support to provide you a solution for the next time you want to uninstall the app. There are few things they can do about this.

Finally—Add variant descriptions to your products