Product description

Tourist
9 0 0

Hello, We have recently just launched the supply theme to our store. One of The major issues I have right now is the product description. When clicking on a product, The description is all the way to the right of the page. I learned how to center it with code by changing the width but the only issue is the add to cart and buy now button will also move . I am trying to just move the product description to the right.

Some One Responded too me but didn't give me a solution.

This is the response:
"We will need to break it from that column and add a full-width column below to display the product description as you want it without affecting the positioning of the quantity selector and add to cart button."

Image_002.png

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
96 17 12

@Electronicsexpo - Not too difficult but requires some code updates.  If you are not familiar with HTML, I recommend stopping here and hiring someone.

1) Open your product.template file under "Sections"

2) Locate the following code (should be line #206 if you haven't made any updates prior):

<div class="product-description rte" itemprop="description">
      {{ product.description }}
    </div>

3) Update that to the following:

{% comment %}    
    </div>
{% endcomment %}

4) A couple lines below that you should see the following:

{% if section.settings.social_sharing_products %}
      {% include 'social-sharing' %}
    {% endif %}
  </div>
</div>

5) Update that to the following:

{% if section.settings.social_sharing_products %}
      {% include 'social-sharing' %}
    {% endif %}
  </div>
    </div>
</div>

6) Click Save.

Let me know how it goes!

1 Like
Tourist
9 0 0

@__cascadia I entered The code and the majority of the description centered. The top of the description is still off centered.

Image_008 (2).png

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
96 17 12

@Electronicsexpo - When I go to that page, I ma not seeing the code implemented.  If you implement the code as described, I can jump in and troubleshoot from there if needed.

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 0

@__cascadia I implemented it on a duplicated theme. I didnt want to make the mistake on the live site.

0 Likes