Product description

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hello,

There is a text that added itself and I have no idea how to remove it, I checked on the product description and it is not there, I really need help because I can't find how to remove it and it driving me crazy.

The same is with all the product pages.

https://smallbamboo.com/products/new-design-eco-friendly-bamboo-toothbrush

Annotation 2020-04-11 165442.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
689 101 233

1st guess would be that you have copied and pasted the product descriptions from another website and in doing so have unintentionally pulled in some unnecessary HTML.

In the product description editor switch to the 'show HTML' view, you should then see the code/wording you have accidentally pasted in (see screenshot) and you can just delete it.

Screenshot 2020-04-11 at 10.08.01.png

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi,

I tried it already and nothing changed it's still there, even if I delete the description that text is there. 😑

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
689 101 233

hmm weird - either an app pulling it in then or possibly something in your theme code. Difficult to say without looking at the backend.

If you want me to take a look I'll need access to your store, drop me a DM and I'll send you a collaborator request. Happy to take a quick look for free.

Other than that - have a look at your product template and/or check to see if any apps are the likely cause.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi again 

that would be great if you can access and help me 😁

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
689 101 233

OK have just sent you an access request. It will come via Shopify to your store email address.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi 

I approved your request. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
689 101 233

This is an accepted solution.

OK - problem solved. Something had injected code into your theme, the code snippet was called ''VNSEO". Some sort of SEO app that I guess you once had installed? Anyway, it had left some code behind in your theme in two places, so I've removed it all from your site now.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0
Hi,

Thank you so much for your help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, 

I've spent ages to look for a solution for that. I have same problem here on my theme. It always add some ridiculous sentence at the end of every description. Could you help me as well? I don't have much (actually more like at all) experience in coding, but maybe it is not that difficult. Correct me if I'm wrong but is it enough to find "vnseo" and just delete it from the code? 

0 Likes