Product hover

Solved
Excursionist
20 2 1

Hi there,

With regards to this site:  www.larzy.com.au and if you go to the product pages we would like it so when you hover over a picture it will show you another photo.  Please refer to this website:  https://www.pixiespix.com.au/collections/bows   (note not all pictures are using the hover effect - depends if they have more than one photo).

Can you please let me know how to do this?  is it easy and possible.  FYI I have no design time left so I would like to try and do this with coding - if someone would be kind enough to give me an idea or even let me know the code to use for this.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
660 35 76

Hi there @larzyau!

Don here from Shopify. :)

If you are using a free, Shopify-built theme in your store (which I would presume from your mention of design time here) then you should be able to enable product zoom in your theme settings yourself.

This setting can be found in the Online store > Themes > Customize theme menu in your admin.

Head there, and then either navigate to a product page in the preview (as you would on your live storefront) or use the drop-down menu in the very top left of this preview to navigate directly there.

When you are viewing a product page in the theme preview the options on the sidebar on the left will reflect the options for your product pages (as it would for collection pages, the cart page, etc.).

Here you can click into the product page to see your options which should include 'Enable image zoom'.

The other main requirement for this to function would simply be that your product image is large enough that it can be zoomed into, so just make sure your images are big enough for there to be something to zoom in on!

Is there anything else you need to work on for your business currently?

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
20 2 1

hi

thank you very much for your response.  I think if you refer to the other website that i included:  https://www.pixiespix.com.au/collections/bows

you will see that on the main product page where many products are listed, if you hover over certain images a variation of that product will show for example if the product is a black bow, when you hover over it - the picture may be of a girl with a white bow in her hair or similar.

I hope that gives a bit more insight into what I am after.

Thank you again and really appreciate your response.

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
660 35 76

Hi again @larzyau!

Don from Shopify once more.

My apologies, as I definitely misinterpreted what you want to be able to do here.

If you would like to add this kind of hover effect to your theme you can look at using either this unsupported customisation or you can consider using a third-party app like Change Image On Hover Effect or indeed any of the other hover effect apps in our store.

For unsupported customisations such as the one linked above this just means it would not be something we can help you to put in place or maintain from here at Shopify ourselves.

Not to worry, as you can consider hiring an Expert developer if you don't have someone already who can help out with this kind of coding.

Let me know if this is what you were getting at here and apologies again for any confusion!

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Excursionist
20 2 1

thank you thank you thank you so much

i will check this all out tomorrow night.

Appreciate once again your help.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
660 35 76

My pleasure!

Feel free to post your queries here anytime and hopefully either ourselves or your fellow community members will have some experience to draw from and share with you here.

Best of luck with everything!

Regards,

Don

0 Likes