Product images open in a new window

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there,

I've been working hard at my first shopify store these last few weeks and hoping to go live soon. Now I changed some things today and the product images open in a new window and the images do not change anymore when I change the variant. I would very much appreciate some help and can provide the necessary information to solve this problem.

My website is: www.brogecko.com

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 35

Hello!

Sunny here from the Shopify Guru team. Let's work together to resolve this issue so that you can focus on launching your first Shopify store!

What you have explained is definitely odd behaviour for your images to be opening up in a large window. Sometimes this is feature can be added depending on the theme you are using but from what I can see, you're using the free Shopify theme called Debut. After doing some more research about the Debut theme, this isn't something that can be changed in the theme editor. This leads me to believe that some code changes have been made. Can you confirm if you've made any changes to your themes code since noticing these two issues? To confirm if this is theme related, you can go to your Online Store > Themes page and click on the customize button beside a non-published theme and see if you can replicate the issues. If clicking on your images and variants work normally using another theme that means something isn't working properly on your published theme.

Take a look and let me know what you find. Once we identify the source of the problem we can start working towards a solution!

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Sunny,

Thank you for your reply. Within another theme the problem does not occur. I am pretty sure that I have done something wrong while editing codes and I did not back them up (stupid me!). I also installed Areviews, but I am not sure if an app is the source of the problem. Is there any code that you would like to see in order to identify the problem?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
12 0 0

Hello

We have an app which will help you arrange variant images automatically and make your product pages professional.

We helped 1000+ store owners arrange their variant images automatically.

Please check the app - variant image Automator in the Shopify app store

take care..keep smiling

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

go to 

product-template.liquid

check if you have at the top :

<div itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Product" id="ProductSection" 
     data-section-id="{{ section.id }}" 
     data-section-type="product-template"