Product listings variant images

Highlighted
4 0 0

I've been trying to find an answer for this for a while and i cant find anything that helps. If someone can help me out I'd be very grateful. Basically most of my products come in 2 color options - Silver and Gold Colors - gold colorway costs a little more so its listed as a variant. The problem is when a customer is on a collection page they are all listed with the white colored pieces and it makes the page look like its in black and white. I'd like to find a way where when the collection page loads, it'll load those products at a randomized colorway so there can be some color on the page. 

Here are some examples:

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 1.01.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-20 at 1.00.42 PM.png

This page is my ring collection. This is how I'd like my other collection pages to look. The only reason this one is like this is because some of the rings only come in a yellow colorway so thats automatically its picture.

Screen Shot 2019-11-20 at 1.05.48 PM.png

I hope someone understands what I'm trying to say. Please let me know what I'd have to do.

Thank You,

Drew

Checks & Co.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Drew,

I'm new to shopify but may be able to help.

When you are logged into your shopify site, click on "Products" then "All Products";

When you view each product individually from you can change the order of the images, so you could choose to put the Gold Variant first. This would mean that on your Pendants page you could have alternating gold/silver on display. ie make the first image for the product 'The 100 Pendant' gold the gold variant, just drag the image to the top left large square. You would do this for whichever items you would like to be displayed as Gold.

I hope this makes sense and helps,

Kind regards,

Aaron

0 Likes