Product page bug

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2
I have a booster theme

I have a problem with the product page.

The slider is not working and the strip on the top is messed up( it should be only one line and changing to the other two messages) also when I press the buy it now buttons it gives an error.

I tried to uninstall all apps but it did not help.

I also tried to install another version of the theme, the theme works fine when customizing before publishing,

Once published it gives the same error.

any ideas!

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
678 50 151

Hey, @Wael_Elkholi!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Thanks for sharing the link to your store. Taking a look at your variant images and your announcement bar, I definitely see what you mean, and I'm also receiving an error message when trying to click the "BUY IT NOW" button. 

Since you've tested this out using a fresh version of your Booster theme, it's safe to say that there's an issue with your theme's code. Typically, these types of issues can be caused by apps that have injected code into your theme; even if you uninstall an app from your Shopify admin, some require you to remove code in order for them to be completely removed from your online store. For that reason, it's a good idea to refer to your app's help documentation to confirm whether there are any steps you need to take before uninstalling the app from your online store. 

Alternatively, there could be a bug within your theme, in which case you'll just need to reach out to the theme developers for assistance. Because Booster is a theme purchased outside of the Shopify Theme Store, you'll just need to get in touch with the developers directly through their website here. Since the developers know the ins and outs of their code, they'll be able to pinpoint any issues. 

As a next step, I suggest reviewing the apps you had previously installed and confirming whether they require you to remove any code. While you can typically find out if this is the case by accessing the help documentation directly through the app, you may need to reach out to the app developers for assistance. It's also a good idea to roll back to an older version of your theme. This can undo any code edits that an app may have made. 

As a last resort, you can start customizing the fresh Booster theme you installed and publish it, replacing your current theme. While this will involve some extra work, it's definitely worth considering if all else fails. 

I hope this leads you in the right direction and I'm curious to know what the theme developers say if you end up reaching out. I'm also interested in knowing which apps you had installed when this issue started happening. Feel free to respond here and let me know!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 2
Thank you, I already contacted the theme developer.