Product page customization crash

Tourist
27 0 2

Hello!

The page is crashing when i try to change everyting from that menu.

Shopify Theme Crash

And Yes, I've made some changes in code. All i'm asking is what page may cause this problem.

I already contacted the theme developer and they said I have to reinstall the theme files I've changed too much to start over.

Thanks for your time!

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9807 92 1561

This is something that would need to be seen. The forum members can't see your admin so there'll be limited assistance offered.

As you've made changes, one would have to assume it's related to those.Take a look in your browser debug console. Perhaps there's some errors shown there that could give you some clues.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Tourist
27 0 2

Thanks, but i fixed it. There wasn't any error showing up, I already tired.

0 Likes
2 0 0

HI @Stefan_P_ 

Just stumbled across your post as I'm having the same problem with the product page customization and I can't find any solutions online.

I know it was a while ago, but can you remember how you fixed this issue? 

Thanks

Shaun

0 Likes
Tourist
27 0 2

Hi @shaun_quickfire 

All I remember it had something to do with settings_data.json.

I believe settings_data.json is generated if it's not present then is being updated. I think I saved it locally and removed it, then I started making all my theme settings again. ( you will lose them since you will remove that file. )

PS: Also create a backup for your theme and don't do the previous steps on your active theme.

Try that and if it isn't working you can find me here. Cheers! :)

0 Likes