Product pages - Add tabs to product descriptions

Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 1

Hi

First of all great guide. I managed to get it working just fine. Thank you very very much. I do have a question however. 

Is there a chance to make one of the tabs in such a way that it would only pull content from lets say H6 out of the product or a custom page?

I will be having some products where I need to have specific info added and cant have it for all products. So I am looking for solution where I could have created two custom pages. and then assign one of them to some products and second to the rest of the products. Alternatively could maybe try the H6 from the product? Is this possible at all? If so how?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

thanks very much 

regards 

Theriion

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 1
Actually I didn't manage to make it work fully. I'm also struggling with the returns tab.
No matter what I try to use it is blank.
Even when I creat custom snippet or page and try to link it to this tab it's always empty .
How can I fix this please? Thanks

Kind regards
Theriion
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Theriion, 

In my case, I had to delete an extra closing div at the bottom of the code as it didn't link to anything and it worked. 

Closing div: </div> 

You can work out if it has an opening div by just clicking on it and it will highlight the start div orange as well as the one you have just clicked. Hope this helps! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
131 1 13

@TyW how can i make one of the buttons - how to use

and connect this buttons to each product ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Nice guide!

but how can i set tabs in order to take only certain paragraphs in the product Description?

i mean:

<div id="tab-1">
{{ product.description }}

with this tab-1 takes all the description, but i want that tab-1 takes only some paragraphs in the product description form, and tab-2 (i.e. "ingredients") takes others paragraphs below, and so on (tab-3/4/5).

what i have to write in product-template.liquid?

and in the product description form, what i have to write (HTML) to separate paragraphs for the different tabs?

Thanks in Advance,

Jajo

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi guys, 

I know this thread is a little old, but I am trying to make an image under the description tab full width, however there seems to be margins on either side of the description/tab.

Can anyone point me towards the parameters for this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
5 0 1
Use free app Tabs by Station. So much simpler and looks great.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello! 

Great tutorial - I've added 3 tabs and I'm very happy with them. Check out my results here https://alessandra-luciano.com/collections/all-scarves/products/extravaganza-pink-silk-scarf.

Not sure if this has been answered already but how can I add another tab? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

hi just checked your page, can you share how you were able to and the ingredents for each tab, especially the ingredients. Did you have to create separate pages?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

0 Likes