Product pages - Allow pre-orders for products

Skateboardselle
Tourist
8 0 0

I cannot get mine working the way I need I was just email not credit cards 

0 Likes
tangeklang55
1 0 0

Thank you for this tutorial. I have implemented the solution for Sectioned themes. I have 3 product variants, S, M and L. I tested this out by indicate S and L at 0 inventory and M at 1 inventory, but when I select M on the front end, the button still says Pre-order. Do you have any inkling where I may have gone wrong in my implementation?

0 Likes
ootdnewyork10
5 0 0

Hi TyW,

Thank you for your easy-to-follow instructions. Do you happen to have an updated or applicable to "brooklyn" theme version by chance? Your codes don't work fo my store. Store url is www.ootdnewyork10.com and the theme, again, is brooklyn. 

0 Likes
SaraSteapedSlow
Tourist
8 1 5

This is in response to comment:

Thank you this worked for me. One thing to note, when I copied and replaced this line of code verbatim it broke my nested menu. When I added the "," to the end of the line of code it worked perfectly. 

0 Likes
SaraSteapedSlow
Tourist
8 1 5

Is it possible to create a confirmation email specifically for when a pre-ordered item is purchased? 

0 Likes
Ma6
1 0 0

I followed all the steps ,however the products image became smaller and some coding text appeared at the bottom of product description 

so I deactivated the product on preorder 

0 Likes
Karan12
1 0 0

After clicking on the sectioned, it is redirecting to the same current page.

0 Likes
NormaLili
2 0 0

TyW, 

I am following your instructions to the Tee. Maybe I am missing something the line code for the style for the boost template does not have the following below for me to replace. 

addToCart: {{ 'products.product.add_to_cart' | t | json }}, to addToCart: {{ 'Pre-order' | json }},

instead I have the following code.

<script type="application/json" class="ProductJson-{{ product.id }}">
{{ product | json }}
</script>

Do you have any updated instructions?

0 Likes
theshortspine
Tourist
5 0 3

I followed the instructions for the pre-order template and now have one. But the product images don't show up as a grid. What do I need to change? I'm on Brooklyn theme (sectioned). Thanks!

0 Likes
NevWally_31
1 0 2

Good Day I have followed instructions and everything works great! I have one question though, how can products that are in stock show an "in stock" or "add to cart" to show that they are in stock and not on preorder, and then switch to pre-order if the inventory stock hits 0? Would one have to change the Template suffix or is there a script that can be included?