Product pages - Allow pre-orders for products

Alex-Miller
Excursionist
16 2 3
After you create the new page template you just change the templates on products that may go out of stock that you wish to support preorder, and mark the product “continue selling when out of stock”

When out of stock that will be indicated on the page as preorder. 

I suggest you try it with a test product before implement site wide. 

You can ping me directly if you need any help
AIMHUGE GROWTH CONSULTING
Alex@aimhuge.com
0 Likes
ClarkL
1 0 0

did you ever get an answer to this? 

0 Likes
roseblack
1 0 0

I got this to work using some of the tips in the comments; however, I have 1 weird issue remaining:

When you load the product page, it says "add to cart," but when you switch the variant, it swaps over to "pre-order" and stays that way for all of the variants. How can I get it to read "pre-order" when you land on the page rather than having the awkward swap?

Thank you!

0 Likes
ErikLeighland
1 0 0

@Alex-Miller Any chance you could help!?  I have multiple items on pre order, new shirts. Every time a customer has to check out with each item. Is there a way to have the customer add items to their cart and check out with multiple pre orders? 

GOOD RIDE SURF CO

0 Likes
Alex-Miller
Excursionist
16 2 3

Sure it's possible. I checked your site - there seems to be a bug. 

Please feel free to email me

AIMHUGE GROWTH CONSULTING
Alex@aimhuge.com
0 Likes
neeka_feh
2 0 0

Where / when will this message pop up? Thanks for the comment btw! I successfully have added the pre-order button & removed the BIN button but now I want to make sure the customer knows the item is on pre-order. 

0 Likes