Product pages - Allow pre-orders for products

jocelynkellner
Excursionist
27 0 0

Great instructions! Very easy to follow! I did everything exactly as you said, but I'm getting this error on most of my items. Do you have any insight on this "Translation missing"? 

You'll see it worked for the Pebble color in the pants, but not for the white. 

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 12.43.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-01-26 at 12.43.35 PM.png

0 Likes
phoebeelin
1 0 0

Hi, I followed all the instructions on this and I replaced the code with the one you said because mine all said pre-order disregarding the availability. However, once I changed it, I test it and set an item to no stock and it still says add to cart? How do I fix this? I have the debut theme btw.

0 Likes
Jennifer42
Tourist
8 0 2

hi did you get any response to this ? 

0 Likes
Jennifer42
Tourist
8 0 2

are you still searching as well? 

All of my items are now on prep-order even the one that are in stock 

luxuriaistanbul
Excursionist
33 0 4

Thank you for the solution, this worked for my debut theme shop!

0 Likes
Alex-Miller
Excursionist
16 2 3

Hi @ToxonTech,

Don't know if this is still relevant but I solved this one by commenting out / deleting the lines that show the payment button, which is just a couple lines below the preorder button code:

Aka delete this code:

{% if section.settings.enable_payment_button %}
         {{ form | payment_button }}
 {% endif %} 

AIMHUGE GROWTH CONSULTING
Alex@aimhuge.com
0 Likes
Jennifer42
Tourist
8 0 2

Tried this! still all of my items are on pre-order even thought some of them are available 

0 Likes
Alex-Miller
Excursionist
16 2 3

You have to switch templates

Yan_Zhang_0-1612148433714.png

Alex@aimhuge.com
0 Likes
Jennifer42
Tourist
8 0 2

Already did! Still not working! all of my items show now PRE-ORDER 

I just want the ones that are out of stock to show PRE-ORDER the other ADD TO CART 

0 Likes
Alex-Miller
Excursionist
16 2 3

hi @Jennifer42 

I spent a little time coding trying to accomplish that this morning - basically it will be a serious coding job - not just one to two lines of code like the above. 

Without coding, the easiest thing to do will be to use one template for items that are in stock and another template for items that are out of stock.  I will look into tools to automatically update the template when the stock level changes... and I will also look into accomplishing this with code. If i find the time to make it happen, i'll share my code here.

Alex@aimhuge.com
0 Likes