Product pages - Get customization information for products

Highlighted
1 0 0

I am attempting to use this code in the Minimal them, but I am unable to get the field to display. I also do not have the /form tags on the product.liquid. Can you please help me locate where I need to add this code if I want it directly above the add to cart button? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Wow, you just saved me a monthly subscription to an app. This worked perfectly. I now have a "special instruction/customization" box on select items. Thanks!!!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thanks for the info it has worked well for one of my products. However, I would also like to know how to create these for multiple products with multiple customizations with different details. For example, I have used this to add a name & a message but I would like to create a customization for another product to add a different request such as style or color

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This was very helpful - I added a form field to a product, and I was wondering how it works if you want to have different form fields for different products? Can I just make a second copy of the product.liquid template and call it something different?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hi lisavcain,

Yes every form will need a different name and you need to link both the
template and sections every time.

for example, I create the form in sections calling it *product-m12-m12-m12*
then when I go to template, I select the *product* option and call it
*-m12-m12-m12* go in to the form and edit the section that says *{% section
'product-template' %}* to say *{% section 'product—m12-m12-m12' %}* then
save.

I have loads of personalisation options on my products so try to keep it
simple so I under stand what they mean. So *m* would be message *12* would
be the amount of characters maximum so the above product has 3 lines to add
messages to of 12 characters per line.

I hope this makes sense I am very new to this myself their maybe an easier
way to do it but this is the only way I know.

Good luck and if I can help any further please don’t hesitate to ask!

Regards

Trace
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

This tutorial is super helpful and I've managed to put the form fields onto my product page and then get it to pull through to the cart using the code below on the product page was enough, I didn't have to update the cart code for it to work. However, it's pulling through the information twice in the cart page - once in the title of the product and once underneath. If I add the underscore before the field to prevent it from pulling the information through then this works and it only shows up once, but it shows up with an underscore before the description. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong! HELP!!

<form>
          <p class="line-item-property__field">
  <label for="wording-separate-multiple-entries-with-a-comma">Wording (separate multiple entries with a comma)</label>
  <textarea id="wording-separate-multiple-entries-with-a-comma" name="properties[Wording (separate multiple entries with a comma)]"></textarea>
</p>

<label>Choose a font </label>
  <select required class="required" id="choose-a-font" name="properties[Choose a font ]">
            <option value="Font 1">Font 1</option>
            <option value="Font 2">Font 2</option>
            <option value="Font 3">Font 3</option>
            <option value="Font 4">Font 4</option>
            <option value="Font 5">Font 5</option>
            <option value="Font 6">Font 6</option>
  </select>
</p>

<label>Choose a font colour</label>
            <select required class="required" id="choose-a-font-colour" name="properties[Choose a font colour]">
            <option value="Black">Black</option>
            <option value="White">White</option>
            <option value="Rose gold">Rose gold</option>
            <option value="Silver gloss">Silver gloss</option>
            <option value="Silver matt">Silver matt</option>
            <option value="Gold matt">Gold matt</option>
  </select>
</p>

0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 1

Thank you. This worked (using Boundless theme) for our purposes (pre-order with limited availability for an item and quantity countdown tied to total sold vs. by variant so, cannot use built in variant capabilities), but one issue - if running a pre-order campaign, this info is not picked up for reporting (e.g., pre-order for a limited edition t-shirt runs with total of only 100 total available; the pre-order sells out, but we can't then run a report that shows us how many t-shirts we'll need to order in each variant (in this case, size) so, while helpful, also NOT in this instance).  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
59 1 7

@TyW 

Hey ,

I am using turbo 5.0 theme and I am following all the codes but when I select custom option on product page and when they goes to cart page they are not showing me on cart page

can you please help me

Thanks for your support

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having trouble with this. I believe I followed all of the steps correctly, and the product page looks good. 

My two issues:

1. There is no sort of enter or submit button on the product page for the customer to click when they have finished entering their NOTES in the text box. It's hard to tell if the customer's custom info is actually being entered or submitted to in any way to me. 

2. I am finding no evidence that the information entered into this new NOTES box is getting to me. I have tried a few trial purchases myself and none of the notes I have entered in this box have made it to the order review on my admin page in any form. Where is this information being collected and how can I see it? 

Thank you for your help!

-Melanie

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I use motion and found it in snippets too. But now it applies the custom option for all products. How do I adjust products for those that show show custom options vs. those that should not?

0 Likes