Product pages - Get customization information for products

Highlighted
1 0 0

The instructions you provided work great when the Shopify interface is used for the shopping experience.  We have embedded the products directly into our website.  How do we get the new product fields to show up for the embedded products?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi all,

New to Shopify but understand JavaScript and HTML coding. A potentially really useful post unfortunately I have gotten as far as the 'Add Custom Form fields' and can't get any further. I am using the Debut Theme and I can't find any related code to  type="submit" anywhere in any of the Template or Snippet files.  In fact very little recognizable HTML at all in any of the .liquid files. I have played around with placing the generated code in various places in the Product.liguid and the Product-Template.liquid (and all related snippet files) but can only get it to appear at the top or the bottom of the page. Not anywhere near the product information. 

Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi. For turbo theme you have to modify product.form under snippet and not product template. It's written in turbo documentation. So, you have to create a new snippet called "product-form-custom"  and copy and past product-form code. So you can add , above type:"submit" add to cart the line code. Then you have to open product-template-custom and modify 

{% unless collection_handles contains 'coming-soon' %}
{% include 'product-form-liquid-custom' with 'product' %}
{% include 'product-notify-me' %}
{% endunless %}

Sorry form my Italian-English.

Guido

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
10 0 1

Hi everyone!

Does Shopify compress and change the format of the uploaded image? We are finding that images uploaded in CYMK seem to be converted to RGB.

Cheers

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Can anyone advise how to add customization information to packing slip (was able to add to order confirmation emails without issue, but cannot figure out how to add to packing slip - ideally, before SKU line) Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I've done it!
I HAVE BLOODY DONE IT!!

I'm not completely IT illiterate, but I have never worked with codes. Currently is process from switching to shopify from another provider.

And I have done it!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

It won't work on my Site.

I've created a new Template for the Product as described.

In the Frontend I can see the Changes.
But when I submit a product, it will not POST any properties information to my Cart.

The created input is in the cart form and everything looks great, but it will not work

can anyone help me?

0 Likes