Product pages - Get customization information for products

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi 

Thank you for such an easy to use tutorial. I am a complete novice to this and found it very straight forward.

However I have an issue. All of the products I will be selling will have completely different personalisation requirements. If I follow your instructions they change the product-template.liquid and it puts the personalisation field exactly were I want it. But if I go to create new product templates I get a screen that looks like below:

{% comment %}

The contents of the product.liquid template can be found in /sections/product-template.liquid

{% endcomment %}

{% section 'product-template' %}

{% section 'product-recommendations' %}

Which is linked to product-template.liquid the only way I can workout to put in the new personalisation fields is putting it just under  {% section 'product-template' %} this then puts the personalisation field under the item description and once added to cart it doesn't show the required personalisation as it does by doing via product-template.liquid.

I hope this makes sense I suspect its me missing something.

Many Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you for the tutorial. I am trying to add the customization to the email template. I have 4 line properties for my products. When I add the following code to the templates, all my line properties show us as one line (ie -Line 1: xxxx -Line 2: xxxx -Line 3: xxxx 

{{ line.title }}{% for p in line.properties %}{% unless p.last == blank %} - {{ p.first }}: {{ p.last }}{% endunless %}{% endfor %}

How do I break the line properties in the email to show across multiple lines. For example:

-Line 1: xxxx

-Line 2: xxxx

-Line 3: xxxx

Thanks,

Michelle

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Paul,

I am trying to implement this on a sectioned site using the Supply theme, and it has no effect at all.

This is the code I have:

<p class="line-item-property__field" {
display: block;
width: 32%;
}

What am I missing from this?

I also have a list of checkboxes generated by the UI elements generator that looks terrible on the actual page... 
https://www.agreeableagony.com/collections/rope/products/custom-color-mfp-rope?variant=2944678110833...

I am struggling to find the right search terms to just go look up the flags and their implementations. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

I got the notes box to work in my products! Im not very tech savvy so I feel on top of the world.   So, thank you! However, I only want this option for some of my products. Its currently under all of them. I have attempted to play around with were the code is or isnt in my coding work... can you help? Thanks! 

Highlighted
1 0 0

How would I go about adding the inputted information to an exported order CSV? Currently the information is only available on the order page on Shopify order page, but not visible in the CSV.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I followed your steps and I was able to create the personalized option for customers. However, when I test an order, the personalized text didn't show at the checkout. I wouldn't know what customers want to engrave then as I didn't see any info. What should I do to fix it? Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you! I got the products note field to work so someone can customize! Now...how/where do I place another generator code if I want to create another add in field for customization for different products. For example, one product might have "your name here" and another may have "your aircraft platform here." 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thanks, but any idea why shopify deleted this tutorial on their help page?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Yes, because it doesn't work at all.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Did you ever work out how to do this?

0 Likes