Product pages - Get customization information for products

Highlighted
2 0 0

Is it possible to create different forms to apply to different products?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hi,

Yes it's a bit of a pain but you have to create a new Section product code
and a Template directing it to the Section for every set of personalisation
requirements you have.

Then on the product page select the theme template you require for the
products.

I am using Theme Debut

Example of Section code I am using from line 179:

Line 1 Name

type="text" name="properties[Line 1 Message]">

Line 2 Message

type="text" name="properties[Line 2 Message]">

Line 3 Pencil 1

type="text" name="properties[Line 3 Message]">

Line 4 Pencil 2

type="text" name="properties[Line 4 Message]">

Then I link it to the temple using the same name so for example the above
would be product -n12-m50-p20-p20

I would then edit line5 of the Template from {% section 'product-template'
%} to say {% section 'product-n12-m50-p20-p20' %}

Please remember I am new to this. It seems to be working for me but that is
not to say it is the correct way to do it.

If you come across a better way please let me know.

Good luck!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, good day!

I've got zero knowledge on coding but with your guide, I was able to successfully include the field for product customization.  

One thing I noticed though is the field of quantity disappeared and it is something that I need as clients may opt not to choose this.  Attached is the before and after screenshot. AfterAfterBeforeBefore

May I know how to put it back?

To make it more challenging (for me!), is it possible that if the customer chose "no name" that the Personalized Nameplate field isn't showing?  And it'll only show if the customer chooses from the personalized dropdown option say stainless steel?

nameplatenameplate 

Many thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hi

I am sorry I never even noticed that ;-( I don't know how to resolve it but
when I go to my basket I can adjust the quantity still.

If you do find out please let me know because I am a complete novice to
this too..
Many Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Will let you know. Hope someone can enlighten us on this
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
12 0 4

@TyW i have followed this step by step and it still doesnt show the options chosen from checkboxes in the car, i am using narrative. Are you able to help please

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Community Manager,

Just need clarification on this post. I'm trying to set up a store where customers can insert files (picture) for customizable jewelry. 

"If you create a form field input with type="file", ..."    Where can you create that? I don't see that option in Shopify UI Generator. 

Also, you mentioned "If the form in your product-template.liquid contains a file upload field, the form tag in your customizable product template must have the attribute enctype="multipart/form-data"." I don't see this option in my product template nor section. Does that mean I cant set this up on the current template I am using(Which is Debutify 2.02)? If so can you recommend any other free theme where I can set this up? 

I really appreciate your help on this. Thank you much. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Do you offer this as a service?  If so, I am interested. If not, what should I type in the search to find an expert who does?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi @GoodGrief ,

I'm interested to work on this functionality. For more details you can contact us on slack https://chatterboxlab-pmm4919.slack.com/#/

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This is very helpful. I have a question, if there is an additional price charged say for engraving, how do i reflect that so that the values add once they add to cart. Our store sells books and we provide an additional price if they would like their book tagged with a translation. I have managed to add the product customizable to reflect on my page now i want to add in a price. Thank you

0 Likes