Product recommendations based on Purchase History Only

We show the 'We Also Recommend' section on our product pages.

The size of our store would use the algorithm based on Purchase History Only.

Does this algorithm include ALL order history when determining recommended products??

We are primarily a brick and mortar business, and 90%+ of our sales are completed in the POS app.

Are these orders taken into consideration?

Thanks

0 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2370 163 339

Hi @donnamac,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Can I ask how you currently have the recommended products set up? Are you using an app from the Shopify App store and if so which one? Without knowing how you currently are producing the recommended products on the product pages it's hard to know if this is possible with your current set up but it will also help determine if what you're looking for is indeed possible and if it connects with the POS app also. 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Hi Nick,

Well, I found a module in our theme (third party) that looks like it is for the recommendations.  Looks like they just load products from the same collection and do not look at history at all.  I read a write up on Shopify about using history and assumed (bad on my part) they utilized the Shopify module.

Thanks for your prompt response.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2370 163 339

Thanks for getting back and letting me know @donnamac.

In this case, your best next step would be to take a look through the Shopify App Store and see if any of the apps there can do what you need. 

There are a few different apps that stick out to me for this. None of them outright say they do recommendations based on buying history but a couple of them do mention about recently viewed as you can see in the screenshot below for the Visely Product Recommendations app:

19-11-pok8z-hmgum

You can see some of the most popular product recommendation apps below:

Hopefully, this helps and you can find what you need from one of these apps. 

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes

Great!  Thanks so much.

1 Like