Product showing 'unavailable'

fixyoursignin
28 0 0

I see a couple of threads on this subject but can't seem to find any that were given an answer. It was necessary for me to add a conditional around a product's "add to cart" button on products with a particular tag, but for other products, the code included should be identical to that of the standard Debut theme. Despite this, any products that do not have the tag (that should use the regular cart behavior) show first as 'sold out' when you first load the form regardless of items being selected (current_variant is being set to product.selected in the liquid which is 'null') and then, if you change any options, it says 'unavailable' regardless what combination of variant options you select.

I'm also having problem with a custom property field triggering as required in the same form despite adding 'required' as a tag in the select, adding 'required' as a class in the class list and including a 'data-error' tag for the message.

0 Likes
JoesIdeas
Shopify Expert
1305 118 339

Hard to tell without seeing the code, but it sounds like there's a typo or a kink in the logic if the else has the identical default code but is causing problems for the products meeting the else condition (products not having the particular tag).

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization experts, theme customization, custom app development).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool for Shopify sites, free for the Shopify community).
Creator of Order Automator (auto tag orders and customers + auto fulfillment + more automations).
More apps: Theme Scientist (A/B testing), Tip Jar (add a tip button), File Optimizer (optimize CSS, JS, Liquid).
0 Likes
fixyoursignin
28 0 0

It is vanilla Debut theme. The only alteration is a conditional around the button that replaces it if the tag = 'Designed'. The replacement works. When it has the tag, I get the other button. When it doesn't, it outputs the vanilla code. That is the only alteration in that template.

0 Likes
fixyoursignin
28 0 0

altered portion of code with conditional button:

<div class="product-form__item product-form__item--submit{% if section.settings.enable_payment_button %} product-form__item--payment-button{% endif %}{% if product.has_only_default_variant %} product-form__item--no-variants{% endif %}">
              {% if product.tags contains 'Designed' %}
                {% include "customize-button", defaultText: "Customize", class: "btn product-form__cart-submit btn--secondary-accent", product: product %}
              {% else %}
              <button type="submit" name="add" id="AddToCart-{{ section.id }}" {% unless current_variant.available %}disabled="disabled"{% endunless %} class="btn product-form__cart-submit{% if section.settings.enable_payment_button %} btn--secondary-accent{% endif %}">
                <span id="AddToCartText-{{ section.id }}">
                  {% unless current_variant.available %}
                    {{ 'products.product.sold_out' | t }}
                  {% else %}
                    {{ 'products.product.add_to_cart' | t }}
                  {% endunless %}
                </span>
              </button>
                {% if section.settings.enable_payment_button %}
                {{ form | payment_button }}
                {% endif %}
              {% endif %}
            </div>
0 Likes
PaulCHL
2 0 0

Hi I am having the same issue. I have tried selecting all products to make available on store - this does not seem to work. I have painstakingly gone through all the products that are shown unavailable and manually change the quantities to only find they reset them selves to 0 after so long. Is there anyway to stop this from happening?

CHL Screen grab.jpg

Cheers Paul 

0 Likes
Soppon
1 0 0

I am having issue with product becoming "unavailable" in my store. The same product will be available on other channels, but for some reason keeps automatically disappearing from my store, which makes it difficult to sell the product. Please help. I have manual gone through each product and check off my store as "available " , but for some reason it keeps reverting back to "unavailable" please help 

0 Likes
dsimpson
1 0 1

I am having a problem with multiple products being available, then days later showing up as unavailable on my website. I am not tracking inventory through Shopify so there should not be a problem. I have on 3 different occasions had this happen. The products are set to be available on the online store. I have chosen a new publish date on that particular day's date and current time. Items sometimes publish right away, sometimes don't. They will eventually be published but at a later date will be unavailable again.

Artoramashop
Excursionist
15 0 20

Did you find an answer to your problem? I'm facing the exactly same problem.

0 Likes
D2the2ndpower
7 0 0

Im having the same problem with my store. Its showing that items are not available and its plenty of inventory as well as best sellers. Please help very frustrating and its day 3

0 Likes
D2the2ndpower
7 0 0

Was your problem solved and if so can you please share what you did to resolve.

0 Likes