Product thumbnail images not changing or opening when selected (clicked)

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello, 

I'm noticing an issue on my product pages. I'm using the Minimal Shopify Theme. Clicking on the thumbnail images beneath the main image does nothing when viewing my live page. Here is a sample product:

https://www.thisshouldnotexist.com/products/cats-and-a-dreidel-and-the-silver-spoon-ugly-hanukkah-sw...

This happens for every product on my site. I'm not sure what to do. I did some research before posting this. I appreciate any help you guys can offer. 

My business model is drop-shipping + affiliate marketing. So I mainly use two apps. Oberlo and Spreadr. Oberlo for drop shipping and Spreadr for Amazon affiliate links. But I don't think either of them would be impacting my site's ability to show images correctly. 

Thanks,

Kelsey

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1632 358 484

HI @KToddDesigns 

I have checked your webshop and find some jquery related problems in your webshop. please hire a Shopify expert or me.

Thanks!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Do you need custom changes on store ? Hire me.
Feel free to Contact me on dmw.webartisan@gmail.com
Follow us on Instagram @dmw.webartisan
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
779 64 175

To give another option, you can try:

1) Preview an older theme and find one where this works.

2) In the console I can see javascript error related to theme.js:

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 4.23.50 PM.jpg 

3) Find a theme that doesn't have that error.

4) Either publish that theme or copy/paste the code and snippets in the product.liquid template.

Do all this on a backup theme. (read How to Safely Edit a Shopify Theme if you're not familiar with code).

As mentioned earlier, your best bet is hiring an expert, just sharing some DIY solutions in case you have a low budget.

Key concept: Always duplicate your live theme when making changes, then when you face an issue like this you can just publish the most recent theme.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes