Product video instead of image

Highlighted
Tourist
13 0 1

Hi. I am looking to add video instead of images for my producs. 

I am using the 'sullpy' theme.

I have seen other themes allow to enter the youtube embed code in the alt text section of images to create a video.

This doesnt seem to work with supply theme.

Two questions

1) am i correct that it doesnt work with supply theme or am i just not doing it correctly

2) if so is there an alternative way? 

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
421 26 64

Hi, there! 

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team. I'm afraid that the technique you had described wouldn't work the same way with the Supply theme, however I do have some alternatives for you! 

The first option I'd like to recommend would be adding the product video to the product description. Although, this isn't exactly what you're requesting - it would still allow you to include a video on the product page. You can add a video to the product description straight from within your Shopify Admin. Be sure to check out our step by step guide to help you along the way of adding a video and how to use the rich text editor. 

Another option would be to use a different theme all together. There are quite a few themes that would provide the functionality you're looking for without using the product description. I'll include the themes in a list below:

I thought I would also suggest some apps that you could use to achieve the feature you're looking for. I've narrowed down a list of apps from the Shopify App Store that I think would work best for your idea. Be sure to check out, EasyVideo, Product Videos by Omega and Dynavi Product Video. Of course, you could always look into hiring a Shopify Expert as well. Shopify Experts are designers, developers, marketers and photographers that you can contact to do customizations for your store - reaching out to an expert to create an app for you would also be a good option.

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to ask and I would be happy to help!

Karlie
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Hi, I added a video to my product like adding an image, i can see it in my admin but it does now show on the online store, how can I fix that?
0 Likes
Highlighted

@ZagStore  you should contact the theme developer and ask if the theme supports the new Shopify product media feature.
If yes, update your theme to the latest version.
Please note, my Shella Shopify theme already supports this feature.
You can review it at demo product - https://shella-demo.myshopify.com/products/copy-of-oxford-boyfriend-shirt

Stay safe and healthy.

Best regards, Mari

Shopify App / Theme developer
https://mpthemes.net/
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

o I update to the latest theme version

0 Likes
Highlighted

What theme do you use? It may not support the new Shopify product media feature.

Please contact the theme developer for more details.

Shopify App / Theme developer
https://mpthemes.net/
0 Likes