Providing a 'latest products' view over an entire online store.

3 0 0

Hello,

I'm looking to provide a 'latest items' page on my Shopify site which displays up to say 50 of the most recently added products, showing them in 'added' date order. I have about 500 products on my site in several different top level collections e.g furniture, homewares, lifestyle and I would like to see the 'latest' products display showing these independently of the collection i.e. in added date order only.

Is there a way to do this using the liquid coding interface to Shopify ? From my understanding (and testing), the maximum number of products that I can request is 50 and these appear to be supplied in alphabetical order. Using a filter, I can then sort these into date order but this will clearly only address 50 of the 500 products in the store. I understand that I can look at more than 50 products using pagination but I don't believe that this will help.

I can always create a 'Latest Products' collection and add a 'Latest Products' tag to products when I add them to the store. However, this means systematically removing the tag after, say, a few weeks to keep Latest Products collection under 50 products.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this problem please ?

Thanks

Ron      

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1841 170 483

Create a new automated collection and name it New Products or whatever you like best. For the condition, choose Product price is greater than 0 so it basically includes all products (assuming you don't have freebies). Once saved, you change the sort order to Sort > Newest. Now go to Navigation and and your main menu, add a new menu item and assign the collection to it.

Hope this helps!

I turn coffee in to code - since 1998
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks Karl, that appears to works perfectly. 

Cheers, Ron

0 Likes