Purge cache in shopify site

1 0 0

Hi All,

I am new to shopify and i have made some changes in one of my liquid file. Those changes are only visible in my live site when i hard refresh it. I need to purge cache of my app from my admin panel but couldn't find a option.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9418 9 1258

Cache clearing should happen automatically if you're editing the Liquid files.

Can you provide more detail on what you're doing, and the replication steps?

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Jason, 

I am having the same problem, and have been having this problem ever since I started working with Shopify.

I have a Dev store, and I am developing in the browser, not locally on my machine.  I noticed that there are times when I make changes to liquid files that they do not register AT ALL in the overall design of the pages of the site that I am working on. For example, I change the padding for a div from 25vh to 0, and nothing happens after I save, refresh, hard refresh, purge cache and refresh, try a different browser, NOTHING!

I even went as far as to Comment out all the code in the liquid file! No changes on the front end. 

What i need to resort to is creating a duplicate file with a different name, and even then it doesn't work.

I'm surprised there is no documentation or controls on the CDN side of things. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

I have this same issue with a .js.liquid file in a client's Assets folder. The file is created as part of an app installation.

I've tried renaming the file and naming it back. The only way I can get it to purge the cdn cache for it seems to be to delete the file and re-upload it which is part of the app uninstall / reinstall process.

0 Likes