Put a Borderline under my Header strip, and change the Font Size?

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi there,

My webstore is below and nearly finished:

https://woodcasecafe.com/

1) I just want to have an underline for the little brown Header strip at the top.

2) And also Increase the size of the Font of my Business name at the top.

How is this achieved in the code?

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 94

Hey, George!

I'm Alex, with the Shopify team!

Congratulations on your store, I'm excited to hear that you're getting close to finished!  Your theme should have options for changing the font and sizing of the text in your header. To access these controls, head in your admin to Online Store > Themes, and click the Customize button. In the next screen, you'll see a menu to the left - up at the top select the Theme Settings tab, and should see a Typography section there. You can edit your font and text size from here. 

If that option doesn't exist, or provide the options that you require for your store, this can be done through altering the code - reaching out to your theme's developer is your best option, in that case. If this is a third-party theme, made by an outside source, then you can reach out to them directly for assistance. If that's a free theme made by Shopify, we'll be glad to help; each of our merchants is entitled to an hour's worth of free design time to help with minor tweaks such as this.

I'll send you out an email once I've posted this response; if this is a Shopify-made theme, I'll be more than glad to pass this along to our Themes team for you, just reply to me there and we'll get to work!

Hope that's helped! Please feel free to let me know, and you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist.

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify

1 Like
Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your assistance. I figured out how to enlarge the font through the code so that is ok. However if somebody could assist with the underline that would be great because I haven't figured that one out!

Many thanks

George

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 5

Add the following to the end off your CSS.

.header-bar {
    border-bottom: 2px solid black;
}

0 Likes
Highlighted
6 0 0

Thank you this worked, perfect!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
28 0 7

Is there an updated code for this? I just tried it in the Brooklyn theme and it didn't work. I'm trying to add a line under the header to separate it from my slider.

Capture.PNG

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sure there is code for Brooklyn theme, have a look at the post

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Adding-Divider-Line-in-Brooklyn-Theme/m-p/796469/high...

Dan 'the web man' from DownUnder | Shopify Partner
If this was helpful then please Like and let me know!
If this answered your question click Accept as Solution
Want to modify or make custom changes on your store? I'm available for hire!
Secure Email:
1 Like