Puzzled about : changing my homepage image when I switch language

DirkEDiggler
Tourist
5 0 3

This is the only thing remaining to finish translation. I want to control the image of my homepage when I switch language. I'm using "Translate My Store" app, and I have entered all my translation manually. I can't find the good way or the best practice to change my image based on the language (my image contains integrated designed text).

Replies 10 (10)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

Hello, @DirkEDiggler 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question.

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Partner | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
DirkEDiggler
Tourist
5 0 3

https://shop.chaoscopia.com/ (french default)

https://shop.chaoscopia.com/en (english, I'm currently integrating translations)

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

Hello, @DirkEDiggler 

It can be done by doing some code customization. Please take the help of a developer and hire Shopify Expert or me

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
DirkEDiggler
Tourist
5 0 3

Thank you. First I wanted to know if I needed to go in code : which is perfect but I didn't want to try it first. 

The way I see this is the add an "if condition" in hero.liquid and insert a new asset for the english translated picture. I'm using the debut theme and I'm new to liquid but I watch some tutorial. I just need to be put on the right track...

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@DirkEDiggler 

Great do you have able to code so can you please try this way

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/sel_lang.asp

DirkEDiggler
Tourist
5 0 3

This way is not the solution I want to get into : it is dependent on the browser locale setting. Once you are on the English version of my Shopify shop, you stay all the way in english no matter what.

KetanKumar
Shopify Partner
36839 3635 11972

@DirkEDiggler 

YEs, i know that but if you need this some add custom code 

zaam
Visitor
1 0 0

@DirkEDiggler  I see you managed to do find a way to do it! I'm trying to achieve the same thing, can you point me to how to managed to fix it? Thx!

DirkEDiggler
Tourist
5 0 3
I finally purchased Langify app in which you can create some custom tag for the switching. I’m really satisfied with langify although it is not free...
michael_langify
Shopify Partner
17 1 4

Hi Dirk,

you can also translate your homepage images in Langify without using the "Custom" feature in

Langify -> Theme -> Section

For example, if you want to translate an image called "banner.webp"  you'd just have to upload the translated image to Shopify, let's name it "banner-fr.webp", and prepend it with shopify://shop_images/ like this:

shopify://shop_images/banner-fr.webp

michael_langify_0-1707243648102.png

In case you need any help with this please send us an email **Edited by Community Moderator**