[Question] Add products with description in collections page

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hello,
I want my clients to shop items directly without entering to the collection section. What I want to do is put products as in products page inside collection page. How do I do this? Thanks in advance
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
169 17 32

Hi, @GoodGSam!

Julie, here from Shopify Support. 

Giving your customers as few steps to the checkout as possible is a great way to boost conversions. When you mention wanting customers to shop items directly, are you wanting to have them shop from the homepage without having to go into a collection page, and then a product page? For example, this would look like having a “featured product” section on your homepage, but in a smaller grid format. Depending on your theme, that featured product section would look something like this: 

03-38-qvbdn-2yc29

There are a couple of different ways you could do this. You could use an app like Shogun or GemPages to build customized pages for your website using their drag and drop page builder. Both of these apps allow you to not only customize your homepage, but also give you the ability to customize product pages, collection pages, and blogs. They also allow you to build standalone landing pages. If you require any assistance with either of these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly through the Support section of their app’s page. 

Alternatively, if you’re working with a developer, you can also use the Shopify Ajax API to make it possible for customers to view products on any page and add items to the cart, update quantities in the cart, and fetch information about the cart, without a page refresh. This prevents the need to go into a product page. You can learn more about this in our help doc here. We also have a number of Shopify Experts you can hire to implement this for you. 

If you want to switch themes entirely, Providence is a theme that has add to cart buttons on products listed on the homepage. You can preview the theme and try it for free here. This is a paid theme, but if you’d like to stick with a free theme, I’d recommend either using an app or having one of our Shopify Experts code this in for you. 

Let me know if this helps! If I’ve misunderstood your question, feel free to send a screenshot or a link to an example website. I’d be happy to take a look for some clarification. 

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like