Question about Layouts in the Palo Alto Theme

Solved
3 0 0

Hi - I'm new to Shopify. 

I'm using the Palo Alto theme (SoMa version), and in the product Section, the product layout can be either one column, or two columns. 

If it's a two column layout, the product image is on the left, and the text and cart buttons are on the right. 

Is it possible to reverse the layout, so that the text and cart buttons are on the left, and the product image is on the right?

I have some basic HTML and CSS skills if it requires editing some code.

Thank you for any advice you can provide.

Cheers -Ian 

Preview SoMa Theme - Palo Alto Ecommerce Website Template 2020-01-12 23-55-47.jpg

0 Likes

Hello @drinkrhythm,

1. Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code
2. Asset->theme.scss.liquid->paste bellow code in bottom of file

#shopify-section-product-template .grid {
    display: flex;
}
#shopify-section-product-template .product-images {
    order: 2;
}
#shopify-section-product-template .product-description-wrapper {
    order: 1;
}

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi @oscprofessional thanks for the quick reply, I do understand your solution but allow me to clarify....see the image below:

image.png

I'm looking to have both layout options available to me, the product image on the left side, and the product image on the right side in a different section, on the same page. 

Just checking, does your solution allow for that, or given that new information does it change? Thank you -Ian 

0 Likes

Success.

@drinkrhythm,

For that you have to do customization.

Do you know liquid files

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

No, I'm not familiar with liquid files unfortunately.

0 Likes