RTL Support

2 0 0

Hi There 

I have just started using shopify on an Arabic store website. but the text on the theme I have selected is LTR .. Is there any way that I can change the theme from LTR to RTL .. because the Arabic text is RTL.

Any help is appreciated :)

Thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
100 0 9

Hi,

There is probably no option to change the text direction via the theme options so you'd have to add some CSS to your stylesheet file manually.

The following code for instance should apply a right-to-left direction to your whole theme.

body { direction: rtl; } 

See more about the direction property here: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_text_direction.asp

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thank Johannes for the reply ..

How can I find the CSS file to edit it ...in the theme liquid files there are no files ending in .css

Thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
100 0 9

Should be located in the Assets folder of your theme. The exact filename is different from theme to theme. Look for something like theme.css.liquid, styles.css.liquid or similar.

0 Likes
12 0 0

Go to theme.liquid and place the below code above the <head>  

<!doctype html> <!--[if IE 9]> <html class="ie9 no-js" lang="{{ shop.locale }}"> <![endif]--> <!--[if (gt IE 9)|!(IE)]><!--> <html class="no-js" lang="{{ shop.locale }}" dir="rtl"> <!--<![endif]-->  

And save  

Praveen - Shopify expert 

0 Likes