Re-order Collections on the All Collections Page

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

How do I manually re-order the collections page. The collections themselves currently list alphabetically. 

Brooklyn Theme 

https://www.shopfusion.ca/collections

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9925 103 1763

Hey Katie,

There's a help doc that talks about a possible method. Give this a peek and see if it does what you need:
https://help.shopify.com/themes/customization/collections/change-collections-page

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hi there, dredging-up this post because after reading through the link it seems that I will have to go with the third option in that article which is customizing my code. The instructions are clear but what the article isn't clear about is exactly what that custom coding tweak will do...does it create a feature in Shopify Navigation that allows me to manually re-arrange the order of my collections or...does it do soemthing else? In other words, the article tells me what to change but it doesnt tell me what that change is exactly. Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks in advance! 

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Example on how to add the Collections to the Sidebar menu, optimized for mobile

<div>
    {% if link.title == 'Collections' %}
        {% for link in linklists.all-collections.links %}
        {% assign collection = link.object %}
        {% if collection.image %}
        <div style="background-image: url({{ collection | img_url: '700x700' }})">
            <a href="{{ block.settings.button_link | default: collection.url }}">
            <h3>{{ collection.title | escape  }}</h3>
            </a>
        </div>
        {% endif %}
    {% endfor %}
    {% endif %}
</div>

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

So another thing that I discovered is that if you don't want to reorder Alphabetically or by the Number of Items in Collection or whatever, but want to have a custom order, then you can follow the instructions of going to the Theme -> Customize -> Select the page where "All Collections" is located (for me it's a Products page that I made in the Navigation-> Main menu that goes to "All Collections", shown below from my store's Navigation tab)

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 9.50.34 AM.png

Then go to Theme -> Customize -> Select the page where "All Collections" is located, and click the option to edit the Collection List section of your page ("Collection list page")

From there, instead of choosing "A to Z" or "High to Low" or whatever, do "Selected", and then below under Content, there's options to add a Collection, where you choose which collection to add. Add the collections you want in the order you want them (or reorder them as you wish), and it should look like the last image at the end.

Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 9.55.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-15 at 9.51.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-15 at 9.51.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-15 at 9.52.27 AM.png

0 Likes