Recover deleted liquid file

Highlighted
2 0 0

I accidentally have deleted the sections/product-template.liquid file. I was adding the div for the 'product reviews' app as instructed, but decided to back it out when I saw what the 'no reviews' message. I though I could delete just the version wiith that new code, but the delete key appears to have zapped all versions so the file is gone. 

I have tried to replace it by copying the corresponding file from the original theme 'boundless'. The page shows, but it is not usable, so maybe there was some changing of that page when I configured the theme.

Is it possible to recover the original page I had built (are they just marked for delete and somehow recoverable)?

If not, what would be the best way to rebuild the page while leaving the rest of the site which I want to keep.

The site is gringohome.com.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1129 82 170

Hey there, 

Just wanted to let you know that I've moved your forum post over to our Shopify Design forums. Since your question is more theme than API-related, you're more likely to get some relevant discussion here. 

In the future, in order to roll back changes your best bet is to just use the version control built into the top of the page in our theme editor. Once a liquid asset has been deleted, there's no way to recover it unless you've backed it up yourself. 

In this scenario, the best option that comes to mind would be to grab the file from a fresh version of the theme - but any customizations you've done (sounds like that's the case) will be gone, so it may still take some polishing up to fix things after that. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Can you tell me how you were able to fix this? This is exactly what just happened to me today and don't know how to fix it.thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

this happened to me today as well

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Wouldn't it be nice if someone actually explained how to do this step by step. Not just "grab" a fresh file!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Keep in mind, I just made it happen by dinking around, but I got mine to come back.  Click, Online Store, then Themes.  Scroll down to Theme Library.  Click Explore Free Themes and find your theme again.  Add it to your theme library again.  Go back to Theme Library and click Actions under the drop down for your theme.  Click Publish.  Your Current Theme section should change to Just Added.  That basically just reset my whole theme and the deleted file was back.  Good luck.  

0 Likes